Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Color Green


I knew right away that I wanted to paint the cabin green. I wanted it to blend in as much as possible with the surroundings. Do you know how many different shades of green there are? We finally settled for a spring time new grass color and had it mixed. When we were putting it on though it came out more limey and bright than we expected. Now you have to remember we are up in the sticks. There is not a Home Depot or a corner hardware store to run to. So we both agreed we would put it on and talk ourselves into liking it. It has faded out a bit and I guess I can live with it for now. However, I think one day it may change. We decided on white trim - so creative I know but it works.

Morris made a lovely fire circle and a couple of flower beds. Tomorrow I will explain the how the plot thickens with the flower beds.

1 comment:

Tazja said...

That's pretty close to the sage we're painting our house next year! We're going with cranberry trim though - Christmas every day! Ha ha.

I think it's pretty, and it will chalk up fast, I think, so it will be subtler than you might expect at present.