Friday, March 7, 2008

Blanco in Bloom



Here is an example of how pretty the flowers are in the Spring time up in the Hill Country. Back many years ago Lady Bird Johnson established a wildflower program where the state went out and spread wildflower seeds all along the Interstate, Bluebonnet, Indian Paintbrush, and assorted over ones I can't name. It is a sight to behold while traveling up to the land in the Spring. Last year as you can see by the pictures was an outstanding year. The colors were so bright and vivid. We have spread some seed on Cactus Ridge but I guess if anything bloomed the deer and goats ate it because we never saw any flowers. I truly believe they would even eat onions if I planted them.

1 comment:

Tazja said...

I love bluebonnets! I am so sad they are not a perennial here. Hm. Maybe a master gardener there can tell you which seeds to plant that deer don't dig as much?